Spotify is a online music service providing digital content from a range of record labels and artists. Users can browse through the interface by artist, album, genre, playlist, record label and direct searches. It also enables individuals to create, share, and edit playlists with other users. Social media integration is a popular feature that enables users to connect their Spotify accounts to their Facebook and Twitter profiles. This enables them to access their friends’ favorite music and playlists and share their choices with others as well. Spotify is available on computers, mobiles, tablets, home entertainment systems, cars, gaming consoles and more. The company offers a premium monthly subscription service and a version which is free for consumers to use and supported by advertising.
Spotify is a commercial music streaming service that provides restricted digital content from a range of record labels and artists. Users can browse through the interface by artist, album, genre, playlist, record label, and direct searches.
It also enables individuals to create, share, and edit playlists with other users. If users want recommendations, they can integrate their system with Last.fm, an application that provides music recommendations based on listening history. The radio feature installed in Spotify creates random playlists for its users that are related to preferred artists.
- Mar, 2016 $1B / Debt Financing——2
- Jan, 2016 $500M / Convertible Note——0
- Aug, 2015 undisclosed amount /Secondary Market——2
- Jun, 2015 $526M / Series G——15
- Nov, 2014 undisclosed amount /Secondary Market——2
- Jan, 2014 undisclosed amount /Secondary Market——1
- Nov, 2013 $250M / Series F $4BTCV1
- Nov, 2012 $100M / Series E—Goldman Sachs6
- Jan, 2012 undisclosed amount /Secondary Market——1
- Jun, 2011 $100M / Series D—Accel Partners3
- Feb, 2010 €11.6M / Series C—Founders Fund2
- Aug, 2009 $50M / Series B—Horizons Ventures3
- Oct, 2008 $21.64M / Series A——4